5.7.16

a Madrid Instagram diary.


I decided to make it my goal this year to try to go abroad to at least 3 different places, I am awful when it comes to impulse buying which then evidently leaves me with not a huge budget to plan to go away with. But this is all changing and a savings account has been created, hello yes I'm adulting.

Last month I visited Madrid, the city is beyond beautiful. You only have to stray a few streets away from the centre to find hidden wonders, houses of every colour under the sun, bars tucked away in corners, it's definitely a city made for exploring.




 The heat is intense, it's comparable to being on the underground in London in the height of summer, but like constantly. Luckily you can dive in to most bars and shops and be blessed with AC, trust me you will never appreciate the invention of AC more. I way prefer city holidays over beach holidays, I find it so difficult to just lay around in the sun for hours, one because if I did that I would be a walking lobster and two, because I would get bored after about 10 minutes. Madrid is fab for giving you endless reasons to walk around, from all the amazing art galleries to the famous parks (there's an article here that gives you a run down), you never tire of things to do. There is so many different boroughs with different communities that you can explore as well so if you're not one for the touristy aspects of holidays then you have a tonne of communities across the city with each offering something a little different.



The Spanish are famous for their Tapas, as soon as you sit down in a bar with a drink be prepared to have small dishes of food grace your table, free of charge, extremely dangerous territory, especially when you may be stopping in two or three bars throughout the day. Say goodbye to that holiday body you worked your ass of for but holy hell is it worth it. I can almost guarantee you'll end up ordering a few things from the menu once you get a taste for it as well, after all what's better than sitting outside a bar soaking up the sun, drink in hand, with an abundance of food, I don't think you'll be needing your return ticket home.



I had the most amazing few days in Madrid and I would highly recommend it to anyone who loves big cities with an abundance character, not to mention the prices of flights to Madrid don't ever tend to sky rocket so it's surprisingly affordable and there is such a huge variety of hotels so you'll for sure be able to find one within your price range. AIR BNB is also fricking fantastic when it comes to trimming down the price, but the best places always get booked up for months in advance so make sure you get planning early. The underground system is great as well so you can find somewhere a little further out probably for a fair amount cheaper and still be able to get to the city centre with minimal hassle, just be prepared for the underground heat, bottle of water at the ready guys.





SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig