27.6.16

a london coffee shop - edit one - Fernandez & Wells


I adore independent coffee shops, don't get me wrong I love Starbucks/Nero on occasion but I will always opt for an independent over a large corporate chain. You get a personality in independents that you just don't get in chains, London is abundant is quirky, unique coffee shops, so I decided to start exploring.

First stop, Fernandez & Wells.


Placed in the centre of London is the Duke street branch, they also have branches in Denmark Street, Lexington Street, Beak Street, Somerset House and Exhibition Road. The Duke Street branch really peaked my interest as it's actually based in the London Flagship store of Jigsaw, fashion and coffee in the same place, uh hello?! yes please. Plus, guys, if you don't want to sit outside the fitting rooms whilst we try to get the perfect picture for Instagram then you can ditch and go for coffee, solves ALL the problems (just make sure to have a cup waiting for us when we come out because we'll need to Instagram that too)


Before I get to the coffee, the interior. It has a very stripped back, modern feel combined with rustic wooden tables and industrial light fittings, this was literally my heaven. There is little cute details everywhere you look, from the metal caged baskets of fruit to the shelf of jars, so many things catch your eye and then before you know you've been so distracted that your coffee is starting to go cold (or like me you're so distracted by the pretty things that you manage to leave your phone charger in the wall when you leave, true story).


So after wandering around admiring the interior, I finally got round to the coffee. I'm no coffee connoisseur, but I do drink a lot of coffee so I like to think I at least know what a good cup tastes like. I can safely say it was good, there isn't a huge range on the menu but the quality of it is great, like a proper cup of coffee, not all the fancy frappe jazz that you'd usually find in most coffee shops. The food they offer has a tapas/spanish theme (my ultimate weakness) and of course the usual croissants/cakes etc, it all looked amazing, it would be great spot for brunch on a lazy Sunday morning, you can find the menu here.


The atmosphere was great, even their playlist was fab which can be such a hit and miss point when it comes to independents but it was spot on, from Ellie Goulding to Chic, such a huge variety of music with the odd throwback songs chucked in the mix. Lots of people seem to go there for casual meetings as well so if you want somewhere to plug in and get some work done, you wont look out of place, just don't get plugged in and then leave the plug in the wall when you leave...

...Would I visit again? 100% yes, 100% having all the tapas.




SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig