17.10.17

feeling at home with autumn fashion - in collaboration with Debenhams

There's something about autumn fashion that makes me feel at home. It's the time of year when the cold is welcomed, the knitwear comes out and the morning journeys with a hot cup of coffee make you feel like everything is right in the world... until you get so distracted by something on twitter and inevitably spill the coffee down your brand new jumper, but you know, aside from that. On top of the knitwear buying frenzy everyone embarks on there's also the welcome addition of another solid autumn staple.







 I happily wear ankle boots all year round but once the leaves start falling it gives me the urge to fully revamp my collection and get some newbies in for fall. I've always believed that shoes, along with bags, are the pieces in your wardrobe that you shouldn't hesitate spending a little more money on. They're the pieces that see the most wear and tear and so if you want to get ones that last, you're better off putting up your budget a bit. After all there is nothing worse with falling in love with a pair of shoes only for them to fall apart after wearing them a few times. 

One of my favourite styles at the moment rivals the surprise element of actually growing to like kitten heels in 2017, which FYI I used to hold in comparison to crocs, I feel like there will be a lot of people that can relate to these feelings.




Patent, I hated everything patent growing up. It would be an immediate sad face if my mum picked up a patent style shoe whilst we were school shopping. The sad face was pretty useless though as it wasn't like I was going to get any say due to the "because I say so" line being dropped. But they've recently moved themselves off my "sashay away" list and in to my "shante you stay" section. High Shine shoes, you have shown nerve, charisma and talent (nothing like a good Ru Paul quote really is there). The ones I'm wearing here are from Debenhams and cost £95, they've actually got a pretty fab range in. I've never really considered shopping for anything more than skincare and make up at Debenhams as I'd always had the presumption that it would all be highly priced but I was surprised to see that the majority of the shoes I liked were around the £30-£60 mark. There's an entire edit for how to style high shine pieces too over HERE in case you're a little stuck for inspo, personally I think the high shine trend just adds a little jazz to your outfit, whether it's a simple pop with a boot or a statement coat.





I hope I've reinvigorated or perhaps spawned a new love affair for some of you with patent shoes, but if that childhood memory still sits heavy of your mum making you walk away with them in the shoe shop instead of the fun ones that came with a toy in the heel, then I don't blame you and you should definitely get some light up trainers to heal the pain.

<<<<< SOME OF MY FAVE STYLES  >>>>

What I am wearing - Gabor 

My fave everyday comfy stye - The Collection


 A statement shape - Faith

 The heavy weather style - Kurt Geiger 







*this was a post in collaboration with Debenhams UK.


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig