19.2.17

shooting with Lin&Lo


Last week I had the pleasure of meeting the team behind Lin&Lo for a shoot featuring their products over in Notting Hill. I'd actually only heard of Lin&Lo recently but everything I had heard had been great and so I just wanted to fill you guys in the shoot, the products we used and the ones I loved!


We started with a neutral look which I was super in to, it's rare you'll see me with a full face of make up. Most days I opt just for bronzer, highlight, mascara and bit of eyebrow gel, minimal effort make up is my vibe, this girl doesn't work a blender & foundation 99% of the time (mainly because I'm rolling out of the house at 7 in the morning 5 days out of 7). One of my favourite products from this look was the eye shadow; "Star Powder - Nude". I absolutely loved this, it's super pigmented & it also doesn't feel heavy on the skin, I normally sway away from eye shadows as I can't blend to save my life but this went on a dream, and the colour is just incredible, check that bronze glow.

For my skin we used the mineral based moisturising foundation, for all of you that have met me, you'll know I practically glow, not in the highlight way, but in the 'holy hell she's pale' way. This foundation blended and matched my skin perfectly, it felt incredibly light too. I'm ever the fan of foundation that simply feels like a second skin, I can't work heavy foundation for the life of me and so if you're looking for an easy application, day to day, long lasting formula, I'd recommend trying this out.

I love that the Lin&Lo products contain so many unique mineral ingredients that benefit your skin whilst you're wearing them. The moisturising base we used prior to the foundation contains roman chamomile which purifies, soothes, has anti inflamatory properties & it also helps to restore the firmness and elasticity of your skin! There's different mineral ingredients in all of the products and you can read up about the benefits directly from the product page which I love, I've always had the opinion of 'the more you know the better' when it comes to products, which is something you don't tend to get with a lot of the bigger brands.

For the popping red lip look we added in the matte lipstick in "Real Red". Even though this is a matte formula, it isn't incredibly drying, more often that not when I used matte lipsticks they end up making my lips look cracked and just not great (I also end up buying make up wipes and taking it off halfway through the day as the feeling of dry lips is just nat good). This maintained a smooth appearance but also held the matte texture, I've always been a fan of the red lip and so this was one of the products I completely fell in love with. I actually think the only make up I have WAY too much of is lipsticks; they can take an entire look from basic to beyond plus t's way to easy to buy a tonne of colours in one go without even thinking of the price, then when you get to the till, it's too late.

Those are just a few of my favourite products we used in the shoot, the list of everything we used to create this is below! (psssst, they're also opening a shop over in "insert place" in "insert date" so keep an eye out for announcements!)

Mineral Blush (Oriental Rose)
Cream Blush (Irise)
Star Powder (Nude)
Satin Lipstick (Pearl Pink)
Matte Lipstick (Real Red)


SHARE:

1 comment

  1. Dear Bethany! Many thanks for this incredible post, we are very happy that you liked the Lin&Lo products. Pleasure working with you, let's collaborate more. All the best, Alina from Lin&Lo

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig