5.2.17

let's talk skincare // Indeed Labs

About three of four weeks ago I went for brunch with the lovely founders of Indeed labs, Dia & Dimitra, and also a few other lovely blogging ladies over at the Bronte over by Trafagar Square. As we all know, the beauty market is so heavily saturated and so it can be hard to find products that genuinely do what they say on the label, as much as most of us wouldn't like to admit, we tend to fall for the heavy marketing and 'oh my god Kendall Jenner is the face of this product line, I must have it', *raises hand* I'm Beth, and I am a sales persons dream.

So whenever I get a chance to actually learn about a brand and the products they create in detail, I pretty much jump at it with both hands. Firstly, I've never met two women in the beauty industry who were as lovely and and HILARIOUS as Dia & Dimitra, these ladies are absolute babes. The chat around the table stemmed from the story of how on their flight over from the US there was a 2 hour delay because they had to reshuffle the entire plane seating plan because a man decided he wanted to have his cello next to him on the plane, 2 hours, a cello, we were all dying at this point.

We spent the next few hours talking about where Indeed Labs began, the creation and sourcing of their products and the substantial difference between the concentration of ingredients in their products compared to other beauty brands. What I wasn't aware of is that brands can get away with saying their product contains *that* sought after ingredient, when in reality they only need to include a minuscule, and I mean minuscule, we're talking 0.000001% of that ingredient in order to put on the packaging that it contains it.

C R A Z Y.

Indeed Labs prides their products on the fact they are made from the highest quality and the highest percentage of ingredient that is allowed in the industry. Of course there are high end products that do the same but you have really do have to pay for what you're getting which can mean shelling out close to £100 on skincare which is insane, however, Indeed Labs offers the same quality at a genuinely affordable price, which means us girls who aren't rolling in the dollar can have skin that LOOKS like a million dollars, hallelujah. I feel I can really back this after trying out their products as I do believe the quality of these products is of the same level as ones I've used that are triple the price.

Let me run you though some of my faves...


Okay I'm sure you've heard about hyaluronic acid by now, but if you're like me, you've probably heard about it in TV ads, beauty blogs and raved about by industry experts, but you don't actually have a foggy idea of what is actually does or the benefits...

We have hyaluronic acid in our skin but we can start to lose that from as early as the age of 18, you know people say to start using anti ageing products in your early twenties? they aren't lying to you. Hyaluronic acid helps to hold in moisture, helps with maintaining collagen and elastin, and also creates a barrier against microorganisms, AKA spot causers. There is a tonne of other benefits and hyraluronic acid can be applied in so many ways, including injections but I'm just not down with having needles near my face and if the same results can be achieved by using a moisturiser daily then there's no question to it really.

I've been using this for about a month now and I can see such a difference in my skin. I've never had awful skin, I get blemishes here and there but never anything terrible *thanks mum and dad for the good genes*. But my skin changes all the time, as I'm sure yours does too, one day it's a little more oily, then a little dry, normally after spending an entire day in London (that city does no favours for your skin). But I've found that using the hydraluron gel, my skin has balanced out, a lot, my guess for this is the fact hyuluronic acid holds 1,000 times it's weight in water. My skin constantly looks like I've just moisturised, it's plump and glowy but it never feels oily, honestly if there was one thing I'd say to add do your beauty routine this year, it's this.


Nanoblur is what started the skin blur product trend, this is the original blur product and it's still dominating the international beauty scene. Unlike most blurring products, Nano blur actually isn't a primer, it's a skin finishing cream you use to smooth out perfections that foundation, concealer, powder, can't. This can be patted over the top of liquid make up or applied underneath powder. I feel so comfortable in my own skin after applying this, even without applying any make up, it smooths and softens the skin, it evens out texture and tone & also hides enlarged pores.

It took me a while to get to grips with the product, as it reacts differently if you place it over/under the wrong thing. I tried using over the top of powder and it doesn't sit well, but it does specifically say to use it UNDER powder and over liquid, so that was just me having a moment, don't do the 'I'm going to try to put together this Ikea furniture without using the instructions' thinking with this one.  Also when you're applying it the best way is to pat it in to the skin, rather than rubbing it on like most products, that way you're allowing it to sink it to your pores and create that flawless finish. As long as you use it as directed, the results are incredible.

photo ready HD skin without the hassle. 


TOP TIP - to create a dewier look, mix it in with your favourite moisturiser. 



There is so much that can upset our skin, I have super sensitive skin so I'm fully aware of this (it also means I read a tonne of reviews before buying products, this girl has no time for flare ups). The 10balm was created with the intention of it being the ultimate soothing product, whether it's irritated skin, that dry patch that WILL NOT shift, or a bad reaction to another product, basically, if your skin is playing up, the 10balm will soothe it. I've tried and tested this; a few weeks back for some unknown reason, my skin decided it was going to react badly to my dogs fur, which one was really sad because HELLO, I LOVE MY DOG and two, ew what has happened to my skin. I broke out in tiny little bumps around my jaw and chin, it was like a raised rash. I used 10balm and by the morning my skin had calmed so much and the reaction was barely visible.

So much thought has gone in to this product; it contains 10 of the most soothing ingredients known in the industry...

...honey extract, propolis extract, pollen extract, royal jelly extract, bisabolol, arnica extract, allantoin, vitamin e, baobab seed oil, buriti oil. 

it's deemed "the perfect blend of science and nature" - this is one I think would always be handy to have a tube of hanging around, as you never know when an irritation is going to flare up.


This mask is everything, I really have no complaints. It gives you the most dewy, glowing skin, which for me is perfect because most days I don't wear make up; super early mornings and all that. So to have skin that's radiating by itself? I'm totally down with that. It's a 15 minute mask, which is a little longer than the ones I'm used to using,  but it's not like you plan on heading out of the house when you're face masking it up anyway. Of course my main love for this is that it's also infused with hyaluronic acid, after the amazing results of the moistuirser, this was just the icing. Using them both throughout the week has completely changed my skin. If you wanted to see the benefits of hyaluronic acid without spending a lot at first then I'd recommend giving the mask a go.

I'm so excited to try out some more things in their range after having such great results with these, let me know if you've tried any of these & what you think, or what skin products you're loving right now!

You can find Indeed Labs here : 

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig