24.8.16

learning to be happy in your own skin


Starting this post of a little differently to normal, I recently really got in to watching KUWTK, like seriously addicted now. Prior to watching it I had the general opinion that they were just a fame hungry family, willing to do whatever they had to do in order to say stay in the media's eye. Needless to say since watching the series, my opinion has changed, drastically.











Like with any reality TV show, you get an actual in look to that persons life and what really happens behinds the fabricated tabloid stories. There is so many media outlets that mislay, fabricate and just use their imagination to come up with a headline that will drive the audience to their page. You'll never know the real story unless it comes from the horses mouth, and probably not even then if you remember the #KimExposedTaylorParty deal that went down a while back. But what I learned that hit hardest from watching it, is that everyone is a critic. Judgement will be passed regardless of whether stories are legit or complete bull, so how can you be comfortable in your own skin and ultimately be yourself when you have criticism coming every which way. It can take a great deal of confidence to be able to walk down a street and to keep your head high without worrying what people think of you. If you dress too plain, you're boring, you take pride in how you dress, you're materialistic, there will always be someone with a negative point of view, and of course this doesn't just go for how you dress, but in everything you do in life. I'm at a point where I can genuinely say that I'm happy with myself and comfortable in my own skin, but this only came after completely disregarding everyone elses opinion and started just doing me. It's true, in this day and age everyone is a critic, your outift may look slaying to one person but for sure if you got to your grandparents house in that, you'll be one exposing dress away from being disowned. Throw back to Miley declaring that "people gon' talk whether we doing bad or good", so I'm totally of the mindset now where if I'm happy in doing what I'm doing and in who I am and anyone who has a negative opinion can swiftly exit my life and take their boring ass shit vibe somewhere else, I'm past caring and I'm happy.

Do you and let people talk, if you're happy, that's all that matters.

SHOP THIS LOOK
Sunglasses - ASOS
Hair Circle - ASOS
Top - Zara
Shoes - ASOS
Jeans - Pull&Bear
Bag - Topshop (similar)

Photos by Hannah Driscoll
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig